Resources for Transgender People in Crisis
Transgender people in crisis should contact The Trevor Project's 24/7 Lifeline at 866-4-U-TREVOR (866-488-7386), Trevor Chat, the Trevor Projects' online messaging service, or The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
- National Center for Transgender Equality (NCTE), Washington, DC (advocacy)
- Transgender Law Center (TLC), San Francisco, CA (legal services)
- Sylvia Rivera Law Project (SRLP), New York, NY (legal services)
- Trans People of Color Coalition (TPOCC), Washington, DC (advocacy)
- Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund (TLDEF), New York, NY (legal services)
- Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition (MTPC), Boston, MA (advocacy)
- Trans Youth Family Allies, Holland, MI (support services)
Transgender Programs at LGBT Organizations
- GLAAD Transgender Media and Education Program, New York, NY/Los Angeles, CA (media)
- Gender Identity Project at the NYC LGBT Center, New York, NY (support services)
- Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders (GLAD) Transgender Rights Project, Boston, MA (legal services)
- National Center for Lesbian Rights - Transgender Law, San Francisco, CA (legal services)
- Task Force Transgender Civil Rights Project, Washington, DC (advocacy)
- TransLife Center at Chicago House, Chicago, IL (support services)
- HRC's transgender resources, Washington, DC (advocacy)
- L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center's Transgender Economic Empowerment Project, Los Angeles, CA (support services)
- TransJustice at the Audre Lorde Project, New York, NY (advocacy)
- Transgender Support Network at PFLAG, Washington, DC (support services)
General Information and Resources
- I AM: Trans People Speak is a campaign created by the Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition (MTPC) and sponsored by GLAAD to raise awareness about the diversity of transgender communities. It lifts the voices of transgender individuals, as well as their families, friends, and allies.
- The Trans 100, sponsored by GLAAD, is a list of 100 amazing and inspiring trans Americans who are visible within their communities.
- We Happy Trans is a website devoted to sharing positive stories from trans people everywhere.
- TSER, Trans Student Equality Resources, provides trans*-related information on school issues and supports efforts for creating policy change in school districts.
- The full "Injustice at Every Turn" report, with breakdowns by race and ethnicity. "Injustice at Every Turn" is a survey of over 6,400 transgender people detailing the discrimination faced by this community.
Know of a resource that should be added to this page? Contact GLAAD's Transgender Media and Education Program.