LIST OF AWARD RECIPIENTS: 27TH ANNUAL GLAAD MEDIA AWARDS IN LOS ANGELES THE BEVERLY HILTON, APRIL 2, 2016
Los Angeles - GLAAD Media Award recipients were announced in 17 of this year's 31 media categories at the 27th Annual GLAAD Media Awards, presented by Delta Air Lines, Hilton, Ketel One Vodka, and Wells Fargo at the Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles on Saturday night.
A complete press release with additional quotes from award recipients will be posted by 2 p.m. PT and photos from the event by 5 p.m. PT on Sunday, April 3, 2016 at glaad.org/mediaawards. Highlights are available now at twitter.com/glaad.
The 27th Annual GLAAD Media Awards will air on Logo on Monday, April 4 at 10pm ET/PT. In addition to acceptance speeches and all of the night’s biggest moments, Carson Kressley (RuPaul’s Drag Race, Gay For Play Game Show) will host Logo’s special coverage and backstage interviews with award recipients. John Gidding (Secret Guide to Fabulous) and Raymond Braun, creator of Instagram’s first LGBT video channel #VisibleMe, will bring viewers exclusive access inside the event as well as celebrity arrivals on the red carpet.
Following is a complete list of GLAAD Media Awards presented on stage, and the individuals that accepted the awards:
- Vanguard Award: Demi Lovato (presented by Nick Jonas)
- Stephen F. Kolzak Award: Ruby Rose (presented by Taylor Swift)
- Outstanding Reality Program: TIE: I Am Cait (E!) and I Am Jazz (TLC) [accepted by: Caitlyn Jenner and Jazz Jennings]
- Outstanding TV Movie or Limited Series: Bessie (HBO) [accepted by: Queen Latifah]
- Outstanding Drama Series: Sense8 (Netflix) [accepted by: Lilly Wachowski, co-creator of Sense8]
- Outstanding Spanish-Language Television Interview: "Orientación sexual y acoso escolar" Realidades en Contexto (CNN en Español) [accepted by: CNN en Español anchor Mercedes Soler and Marcos Saldivar]
The following is a list of other award recipients announced at the 27th Annual GLAAD Media Awards in Los Angeles:
- Outstanding Film– Wide Release: Carol (The Weinstein Company)
- Outstanding Comedy Series: Transparent (Amazon Instant Video)
- Outstanding Documentary: "Kumu Hina" Independent Lens (PBS)
- Outstanding Daily Drama: The Bold and The Beautiful (CBS)
- Outstanding Music Artist: Troye Sivan, Blue Neighbourhood (Capitol Records)
- Outstanding Comic Book: Lumberjanes, written by Noelle Stevenson, Shannon Watters, Kat Leyh (BOOM! Studios)
- Outstanding Talk Show Episode: "Janet Mock" Super Soul Sunday (OWN)
GLAAD previously announced that it was acknowledging two web series, Beautiful As I Want To Be (Logotv.com) and This is Me (Amazon Instant Video) with Special Recognition Awards.
- Outstanding Novela: Rastros de mentiras (MundoMax)
- Outstanding Music Artist: Ricky Martin, A quien quiera escuchar (Sony Music Latin)
- Outstanding Local Television Interview: "La nueva transgeneración" Enfoque Los Ángeles (KVEA-Telemundo 52 [Los Ángeles])
- Outstanding Local TV Journalism: "Cada 29 horas" Noticias 19 (KUVS-Univision 19 [Sacramento])
- Outstanding Newspaper Article: "Padres transgénero - El único requisito para ser papá es el amor por los hijos" by Virginia Gaglianone (La Opinión)
- Outstanding Digital Journalism Article: "Perú: violaciones correctivas: El terrible método para 'curar' a las lesbianas" by Leire Ventas (BBCMundo.com)
Additional awards will be presented at the GLAAD Media Awards event at the Waldorf Astoria in New York on Saturday, May 14.
The GLAAD Media Awards recognize and honor media for their fair, accurate and inclusive representations of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community and the issues that affect their lives. They also fund GLAAD's work to amplify stories from the LGBT community that build support for equality. GLAAD Media Award nominees were published, released or broadcast between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015.
To receive the latest updates on the GLAAD Media Awards, follow @glaad on Twitter and use the hashtag #glaadawards.