Presented by Ketel One Vodka and Wells Fargo
Los Angeles, Saturday, April 20, 2013 - GLAAD Media Award recipients were announced in 10 of this year's 33 media categories at the 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards, presented nationally by Ketel One Vodka and Wells Fargo, and locally by Delta Air Lines, at the JW Marriott in Los Angeles on Saturday night.
A complete press release with additional quotes from award recipients will be posted by 2 p.m. PT and photos from the event by 5 p.m. PT on Sunday, April 21, 2013 at glaad.org/mediaawards.
Following is a complete list of GLAAD Media Awards presented on stage, and the individuals that accepted the awards (accepters tentative):
- Advocate for Change Award: Bill Clinton (presented by Harvey Weinstein and Jennifer Lawrence)
- Stephen F. Kolzak Award: Steve Warren (presented by Leonardo DiCaprio and Charlize Theron)
- Outstanding Film - Wide Release: The Perks of Being a Wallflower (Summit Entertainment) [accepted by: writer and director Stephen Chbosky with Logan Lerman, Johnny Simmons and Mae Whitman]
- Outstanding Comedy Series: The New Normal (NBC) [accepted by: co-creators Ryan Murphy, Andrew Rannells, Justin Bartha, Georgia King, Jayson Blair]
- Outstanding Individual Episode: "Don’t Ask, Don't Tell Me What to Do" Raising Hope (Fox) [accepted by: show creator Greg Garcia, Cloris Leachman, Shannon Woodward]
- Outstanding TV Movie or Mini-Series: American Horror Story: Asylum (FX) [accepted by: show creator Ryan Murphy]
- Outstanding Daily Drama: Days of Our Lives (NBC) [accepted by: Freddie Smith]
The following is a list of other award recipients announced at the 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards in Los Angeles.
- Outstanding Talk Show Episode: "At Home with Neil Patrick Harris, His Fiancé David Burtka, & Their Twins" Oprah's Next Chapter (OWN)
- Outstanding Los Angeles Theater: The Children by Michael Elyanow
- Outstanding Daytime Talk Show Episode: "Confirma su identidad como mujer" Showbiz (CNN en Español)
- Outstanding TV Journalism – Newsmagazine: TIE: "Los transexuales buscan su identidad en medio de ignorancia y prejuicios" Encuentro (CNN en Español) and "La vida en rosa" Aquí y Ahora (Univision)
- Outstanding Newspaper Article: "Gays y padres excelentes" by Pilar Marrero (La Opinión)
Additional awards were presented in New York on March 16. The final awards will be presented in San Francisco on May 11 at the Hilton San Francisco - Union Square where Adam Lambert will receive the Davidson/Valentini Award and the San Francisco Giants will receive the Corporate Leader Award.
The GLAAD Media Awards recognize and honor media for their fair, accurate and inclusive representations of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community and the issues that affect their lives. GLAAD Media Award nominees were published, released or broadcast between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012.
More information about the upcoming GLAAD Media Awards event in San Francisco may be found at http://www.glaad.org/mediaawards. To receive the latest updates on the GLAAD Media Awards, follow @glaad on Twitter and use the hashtag #glaadawards.