San Francisco, CA, June 2, 2012 - GLAAD Media Award recipients were announced in four of this year's 35 media categories at the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards presented nationally by Ketel One and Wells Fargo and locally by Southwest Airlines at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis on Saturday night. The San Francisco show is the final event in the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards series; additional awards were presented in New York on March 24 and in Los Angeles on April 21.
A complete press release will be posted by 2 p.m. PT and photos from the event by 5 p.m. PT on Sunday, June 3, 2012 at http://www.glaad.org/mediaawards.
Following is a complete list of GLAAD Media Awards presented on stage, and the individuals that accepted the awards (accepters tentative):
- Golden Gate Award: Shonda Rhimes (presented by Scandal's Kerry Washington, Guillermo Diaz and Katie Lowes)
- Corporate Leader Award: Wells Fargo (accepted by Caryl Athanasiu, Executive Vice President and Chief Operational Risk Officer, Wells Fargo)
- Special Recognition Award: Facebook (accepted by Andrew Noyes and Sara Sperling from Facebook)
- Outstanding Drama Series: Grey's Anatomy (ABC) [accepted by show creator Shonda Rhimes]
- Outstanding Daily Drama: Days of Our Lives (NBC) [accepted by Chandler Massey and Freddie Smith]
- Outstanding Digital Journalism Article: "Adam and Pete: Love in a Time of War" by Max J. Rosenthal (HuffingtonPost.com) [accepted by Adam Harmon and Pete Bennett]
GLAAD also announced that Las Aparicio (Mun 2) received the award for Outstanding Novela.
The GLAAD Media Awards recognize and honor media for their fair, accurate and inclusive representations of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community and the issues that affect their lives. GLAAD Media Award nominees were published, released or broadcast between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2011.
Following is a complete list of award recipients from the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards series.
Grey's Anatomy (ABC)
Days of Our Lives (NBC)
"Adam and Pete: Love in a Time of War" by Max J. Rosenthal (HuffingtonPost.com)
To receive the latest updates on the GLAAD Media Awards, follow @glaad and use the hashtag #glaadawards.