List of Award Recipients: 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards Presented by Ketel One and Wells Fargo Westin Bonaventure in Los Angeles, April 21, 2012
Los Angeles, April 21, 2012 - GLAAD Media Award recipients were announced in four of this year's 35 media categories at the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards, presented nationally by Ketel One and Wells Fargo and locally by Delta Air Lines at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites in Los Angeles on Saturday night. Additional awards were presented in New York on March 24, and the final awards will be presented in San Francisco on June 2 at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis.
A complete press release will be posted by 2 PM PT and photos from the event by 5 PM PT on Sunday, April 22, 2012 at http://www.glaad.org/mediaawards.
Following is a complete list of GLAAD Media Awards presented on stage, and the individuals that accepted the awards (accepters tentative):
- Stephen F. Kolzak Award: Chaz Bono (presented by Cher and Rep. Mary Bono Mack)
- Vanguard Award: Josh Hutcherson (presented by Benicio Del Toro)
- Outstanding Film - Wide Release: Beginners (Focus Features) [accepted by: writer and director, Mike Mills]
- Outstanding Documentary: Becoming Chaz (OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network) [accepted by: directors Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato, and Chaz Bono]
- Outstanding Comedy Series: Modern Family (ABC) [accepted by: Jesse Tyler Ferguson]
- Outstanding Individual Episode: TIE: "Prom" Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime) [accepted by: producer Josh Berman and Brooke Elliott] and "Beards" Hot in Cleveland (TV Land) [accepted by: Jane Leeves, Wendie Malick and Betty White]
The GLAAD Media Awards recognize and honor media for their fair, accurate and inclusive representations of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community and the issues that affect their lives. GLAAD Media Award nominees were published, released or broadcast between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2011.
A list of award recipients announced at the New York event and additional information about the upcoming GLAAD Media Awards event in San Francisco on June 2 may be found at http://www.glaad.org/mediaawards.
To receive the latest updates on the GLAAD Media Awards, follow @glaad and use the hashtag #glaadawards.