Los Angeles, May 9, 2009– GLAAD Media Award recipients were announced in three of this year's 41 media categories at the 20th Annual GLAAD Media Awards, presented by IBM, at the Hilton San Francisco on Saturday night. Additional awards were presented in New York on March 28 and Los Angeles on April 18.
A complete press release will be posted by 2 PM PT and photos from the event by 4 PM PT on Monday, May 11, 2009 at http://www.glaad.org/mediaawards/20.
Following is a complete list of GLAAD Media Awards presented on stage, and the individuals that accepted the awards (accepters tentative):
- Davidson/Valentini Award: Chad Allen (presented by Robert Gant)
- Special Recognition: Dustin Lance Black (presented by Dan Jinks)
- Special Recognition: Geoff Callan and Mike Shaw (presented by Mayor Gavin Newsom and Jason Lewis)
- Outstanding Television Movie: East Side Story (Logo) [Accepted by: actor Steve Callahan and co-writer/producer Charo Toledo]
- Outstanding Reality Program: TIE: I Want to Work for Diddy (VH1) and Transamerican Love Story (Logo) [Accepted by: Laverne Cox and Calpernia Addams, respectively]
- Outstanding TV Journalism - Newsmagazine: "Funding the Marriage War" In the Life (PBS) [Accepted by: Michelle Kristel, executive director In the Life]
A complete list of award recipients for the 20th Annual GLAAD Media Awards may be found at www.glaad.org/mediaawards.
The GLAAD Media Awards recognize and honor media for their fair, accurate and inclusive representations of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community and the issues that affect their lives. GLAAD Media Award nominees were published, released or broadcast between January 1, 2008 and December 31, 2008.