Spanish-Language & Latinx Media Internship- Los Angeles
The Spanish-Language & Latinx Media Intern is part of a dynamic team that monitors and responds to print and broadcast media as it pertains to GLAAD's mission. Additionally, the Intern helps foster GLAAD’s role as a community resource nationwide.
GLAAD's Spanish-Language & Latino Media Team serves as a resource to Spanish and English-language Latinx media outlets to ensure fair, accurate and inclusive representations of LGBT people. For more information about GLAAD's Spanish-Language & Latinx Media department, click here.
- Assists in the growth of GLAAD’s outreach to Spanish and English-language Latinx news and entertainment media and the Latina/o community.
- Develops and maintains relationships with Latinx and other community organizations and leaders in various states.
- Assists in managing the organization's Spanish-language and Latinx media strategies and outreach efforts.
- Helps manage training efforts and outreach to Latinx community groups.
- Maintains and grows current contacts, or access to contacts/spokespeople, for regional LGBT and mainstream media outlets and journalists.
- Writes, edits, and proofs written materials in Spanish and English, including media releases, alerts, letters to media professionals, blog postings and other documents as needed.
- Completes other tasks as assigned.
- Journalism, Communications, Spanish or Public Relations majors a plus.
- Preferred: Candidates with fluent oral, verbal, reading and writing Spanish-language skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines, and desire to be a self-starter.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Inclusivity is a vital part of GLAAD’s work. Skills necessary to create a more diverse and inclusive environment are a plus.
- Candidate should have an interest in Spanish language media and the desire to learn more about media outreach and media work in general.
All GLAAD interns are required to be students attending an institution with courses leading to a degree, certificate or diploma, such as college or graduate school. Interns must have graduated from high school. Internships are 8-20 hours/week during the school year and 15-20 hours/week during the summer and usually last twelve weeks. Internships are unpaid and must be completed in the office during the regular hours of 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. with occasional evening or weekend hours required for certain internships. Please indicate hours of availability and date available to start in the cover letter. This internship is unpaid.
Name: Human Resources (no phone calls, please)
The following MUST be included in your application:
1. A cover letter outlining your interest and experience specific to this position
2. A current resume
The title of the position (such as "Spanish Language Media Intern") MUST appear in the first line of the email. GLAAD will accept applications until filled.
- GLAAD does not have the ability to provide relocation benefits to interested parties.
- GLAAD is a business casual dress environment.
- Candidates MUST be able to pass a criminal background check.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
- Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Selections are made as the applicant pool allows and continue until the position is filled.