GLAAD’s Faith Initiatives intern will work on the thrilling cutting edge of LGBT advocacy—religion. The GLAAD’s Faith Initiatives intern will research media contacts, draft blog posts, monitor media, expand contact data bases and research the current status of LGBT faith story coverage in mainstream media. The intern will also collaborate with the Director of Media and Faith Initiatives on other media activities including brainstorming strategic story pitching for high-profile national media outlets, and responding to problematic and defamatory news coverage.
- An extremely positive attitude
- A demonstrated interest in advocacy work around LGBT and progressive issues
- Skills in communication or journalism
- Research and writing skills
- Interest in religion and LGBT issues
- Computer proficiency in word processing, database work, email and Internet research
- Ability to manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines and to be a self-starter
- Creative thinker who is able to work with people of diverse races, ages, ethnicities and sexual identities
- A willingness to learn, grow and be inspired to greatness
All GLAAD interns are required to be students attending an institution with courses leading to a degree, certificate or diploma, such as college or graduate school. Interns must have graduated from high school. Internships are 8-20 hours/week during the school year and 15-20 hours/week during the summer and usually last twelve weeks. Internships are unpaid and must be completed in the office during the regular hours of 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. with occasional evening or weekend hours required for certain internships. Please indicate hours of availability and date available to start in the cover letter.
This internship is UNPAID
Name: Human Resources (no phone calls, please)
The following MUST be included in your application:
1. A cover letter outlining your interest and experience specific to this position
2. A current resume
The title of the position (such as “Faith Initiatives Intern”) MUST appear in the first line of the email. GLAAD will accept applications until filled.
- GLAAD does not have the ability to provide relocation benefits to interested parties.
- GLAAD is a business casual dress environment.
- Candidates MUST be able to pass a criminal background check.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
- Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Selections are made as the applicant pool allows and continue until the position is filled.