Online Production Manager & Web Developer
GLAAD's Online Production Manager & Web Developer is responsible for maintaining GLAAD's website, email/e-newsletters, and multimedia content. The Online Production Manager is a skilled HTML coder who is excited about making the organization's web and email communication more effective and engaging. The Online Production Manager reports to the Director of Information Technology.
- Maintain, update, and improve organizational websites and blog, including event promotion and registration, press resources, as well as action alerts and other programmatic content
- Have primary oversight and development of the Drupal website, create new sections and expand functionality as needed
- Schedule, create, test, and send HTML emails and e-newsletters to constituents using NationBuilder
- Test and troubleshoot HTML coding errors
- Work with the Design and Multimedia Manager to develop email templates for event promotion, e-appeals, and action alerts that maximize click-throughs and engagement
- Resize/edit images and create basic graphics using Photoshop for websites and email
- Test websites across browsers to ensure cross-browser functionality
- Work with other digital and communications team members to ensure consistency in branding and style across online platforms
- Manage projects using online project management software Basecamp
- Work with Director of IT to import new email addresses into lists
- Conduct basic event and donor database operations
- Assist with email effectiveness and web traffic research and reporting
- Assist the Director of IT with backup IT support as needed
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced work environment
- Support other functions of GLAAD's development, programs, and communications teams
- Other duties as assigned, requested or required
- Regular office hours are 9am-6pm; some evenings and weekends required
- Required: Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science or including computer science coursework
- Required: 2+ years of work experience in web/online production
- Required: Demonstrated ability to code HTML with and without an HTML editor such as Dreamweaver; must be able to code HTML using both inline styling (for emails) and CSS (for websites)
- Required: Ability to troubleshoot HTML errors and test across platforms
- Required: Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Required: Experience with Drupal (preferred) or other web content management systems (CMS)
- Preferred: Experience with an online CRM such as NationBuilder (preferred)
- Experience creating and editing email/e-newsletters using HTML with inline styling
- Experience with image editing/resizing using Photoshop
- Preferred: Video publishing and editing experience, Final Cut Pro experience preferred
- Experience with CSS, SCSS and Liquid markup.
- Knowledge of fair use and best practices for online video a plus
- Google Analytics and/or Google AdWords experience a plus
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and project management skills
- Excellent communication and proofreading skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office including Excel
- Experience with donor databases; The Raiser's Edge a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to LGBT issues; commitment to GLAAD's mission, goals and work
- Inclusivity is a vital part of GLAAD's work. Skills necessary to create a more diverse and inclusive environment are a plus.
The Online Production Manager & Web Developer reports to the Director of Information Technology; supervisory responsibilities to be determined.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include: 403(b) retirement plan; escalating vacation beginning with three weeks+; paid sick, personal days and holidays; and organization paid health benefits for employees including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, flexible work arrangements, employee assistance program and life and long-term disability insurance.
- Applications MUST include resume, cover letter & salary requirements to be considered.
- GLAAD does not have the ability to provide relocation benefits to candidates.
- Candidates MUST be able to pass both financial and criminal background check.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.
- The work of GLAAD resembles a campaign-style work environment; there is always a high level of energy, excitement and activity for everyone in the organization; preparing for the next events/activities to accomplish our important media advocacy work, fighting the defamation against the LGBT community and changing hearts and minds about the need for LGBT equality. Staff members are expected to consciously and continuously promote the mission, values, programs, and impact of the organization when presented with opportunities for participating in membership development and reaching out to personal connections on behalf of GLAAD.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.