The Online Production intern will be a part of GLAAD's digital initiatives team, which works across departments to implement the organizations digital strategies. A significant portion of this internship will be working with the Senior Manager of Online Production to manage email communications, send weekly e-newsletters, and to update the website and blog. The ideal applicant can edit and troubleshoot HTML and has some experience using a Content Management System such as Drupal or Wordpress. As a member of the digital initiatives team, the Online Production Intern will be a vital part of the development of new digital initiatives and campaigns.
The successful applicant will:
- Have basic HTML skills including editing and troubleshooting. Experience with Dreamweaver or another HTML editor is preferred. CSS knowledge is a plus.
- Have basic photo/image editing experience (Photoshop).
- Have experience working with Content Management Systems. Drupal experience is a plus.
- Have great written and verbal communication skills.
- Be very organized, have a strong attention to detail, and be able to complete projects independently.
- Be very tech savvy (online applications as well as Microsoft Office software) and have the ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Be genuinely concerned and conversant about LGBT issues and have a passion and desire to make a difference.
All GLAAD interns are required to be students attending an institution with courses leading to a degree, certificate or diploma, such as college or graduate school. Interns must have graduated from high school. Internships are 8-20 hours/week during the school year and 15-20 hours/week during the summer and usually last twelve weeks. Internships are unpaid and must be completed in the office during the regular hours of 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. with occasional evening or weekend hours required for certain internships. Please indicate hours of availability and date available to start in the cover letter.
Name: Human Resources (no phone calls, please)
The following MUST be included in your application:
- A cover letter outlining your interest and experience specific to this position.
- A current resume
The title of the position (such as "online production intern") MUST appear in the first line of the email. GLAAD will accept applications until filled.
- GLAAD does not have the ability to provide relocation benefits to interested parties.
- GLAAD is a business casual dress environment.
- Candidates MUST be able to pass a criminal background check.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
- Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Selections are made as the applicant pool allows and continue until the position is filled.