The Digital Campaigns Intern will be part of GLAAD's digital team, working across departments to implement the organization's digital communications strategies and programmatic goals. The intern will work on a range of digital engagement campaigns from advocacy to fundraising from beginning to end.
The intern will create content and use technology to promote these engagement campaigns on all our channels including social media, web, and email. The intern will also conduct research, craft written and visual content for outreach, develop content on the backend (for web and email) and produce digital analytics for each campaign. As a member of the digital team, the intern will be a vital part of the development of new digital initiatives and campaigns.
The successful applicant will:
- Be passionate about using digital tools for social change
- Be well-versed in social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and YouTube
- Be a strong writer, able to turn around compelling campaign content quickly and efficiently, including emails, social media posts, landing pages and actions to engage supporters
- Be able to liaise with key staff to establish campaign goals, develop campaign concepts and review content
- Be a news junky who can monitor current events and GLAAD programming to identify potential campaign opportunities
- Be very organized, have a strong attention to detail, and be able to complete projects independently
- Be able to compile statistics and analysis on campaign performance
- Be very tech savvy (online applications as well as Microsoft Office software)
- Be able to learn how to code and test HTML and CSS emails (and landing pages) using our platforms (Prior experience with HTML, CSS, or Photoshop, are a plus)
- Be genuinely concerned and conversant about LGBT issues and have a passion and desire to make a difference
- Be able to work collaboratively and effectively with people of diverse races, ages, ethnicities and sexual orientations and gender identities
All GLAAD interns are required to be students attending an institution with courses leading to a degree, certificate or diploma, such as college or graduate school. Interns must have graduated from high school. Internships are 8-20 hours/week during the school year and 15-20 hours/week during the summer and usually last twelve weeks. Internships are unpaid and must be completed in the office during the regular hours of 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. with occasional evening or weekend hours required for certain internships. Please indicate hours of availability and date available to start in the cover letter. This internship is unpaid.
Name: Human Resources (no phone calls, please)
The following MUST be included in your application:
1. A cover letter outlining your interest and experience specific to this position. Also, please answer this question in your cover letter:
Describe a Digital engagement campaign (social media and/or web and email) you thought was particularly successful. What worked and why? What could have made it more effective? OR Describe a campaign you found to be particularly unsuccessful. What failed and why? What could have made it more effective?
2. A current resume
The title of the position (such as "Digital Campaigns Intern") MUST appear in the first line of the email. GLAAD will accept applications until filled.
- GLAAD does not have the ability to provide relocation benefits to interested parties.
- GLAAD is a business casual dress environment.
- Candidates MUST be able to pass a criminal background check.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
- Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Selections are made as the applicant pool allows and continue until the position is filled.