Volunteer at GLAAD
Volunteering at GLAAD
GLAAD understands the importance of volunteers in our work: We simply would not exist without your support! For this reason, GLAAD invests in a volunteer program with the objective of focusing on the recruitment, management, leadership development, support and retention of our greatest advocates. We offer a mutually beneficial volunteer experience that is fun, informative, and rewarding. Founded by a small group of volunteers in 1985, GLAAD continues to thrive on the energy and passion of our volunteers nationwide.
Why volunteer at GLAAD?
- Volunteer with GLAAD if you believe in the power of the media to shape and direct popular opinion about LGBT people.
- Volunteer with GLAAD if you think the media has an obligation to cover LGBT issues in fair, accurate and inclusive ways.
- Volunteer with GLAAD if you think words and images matter.
- Volunteer with GLAAD if you want to help change hearts and minds.
Why volunteers get involved:
- To meet like-minded people
- To network
- To make new friends
- To learn skills such as event planning or public relations
- To gain nonprofit and/or events experience
- To use professional skills such as public relations or fundraising
- To support the LGBT equality movement
What will you do as a volunteer?
We match you with a project that fits your available time, your interests and sometimes your experience. No matter how much or how little time you have to give, GLAAD has something for you. Want more information? Contact us at email@example.com.
*All volunteers must be 18 years of age or older*
Volunteer at GLAAD! We match you with a project that fits your available time, your interests and sometimes your experience. No matter how much or how little time you have to give, GLAAD has something for you. Want more information? Learn more or sign up now!