The Silent March to End Stop and Frisk
Join GLAAD as we stand with more than 100 LGBT organizations, the NAACP, the Rev. Al Sharpton and the National Action Network, and 1199 SEIU to oppose police harassment of LGBT people of color. For more information visit: www.glaad.org/stopandfrisk
Here is an overview of the plans for Sunday.
Once people turn onto Fifth Ave. they will be asked to be silent...and to remain silent for the length of the march.
- The march will begin promptly at 3 pm.
- We will march south on Fifth Ave. to 77th St.
- The Mayor's mansion is on 79th Street.
Assembly - list of how the contingents will assemble is below
- Contingents will assemble on West 110th Street between Central Park West and Fifth Ave. LGBT Groups will assemble at 110th & Lenox Avenue starting at 2:15.
- People should enter the assembly from the west and the north, not from the east, and can start to assemble as early as 1 pm.
- There will be signs along 110th St. letting people know the best way to enter to get to their contingent, as well as Marshals helping people find their contingents.
Access to the assembly area
- Everyone should enter the assembly area from the west or from the north, NOT from the east!
- People can begin gathering as early as 1pm.
- Closest subway stops: Cathedral Parkway (110 St) on the B and C trains, Central Park North (110 St.) on the 2 and 3 trains.
What to Bring
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Put on sun screen and/or wear a hat, especially if it is a sunny day.
- Carry a bottle of water.
- Posters, signs, banners - but remember that you cannot use wooden or metal sticks!
What Not to Bring
- Do not bring any noise makers or musical instruments!