This mixer will start promptly at 6:30pm. Light refreshments will be served.
Please read the committee criteria section below before RSVPing
The National Board of Directors of GLAAD, President Herndon Graddick, and Planning Committee Co-Chairs Christian Hagedorn and James Kleeman invite you to join us for our upcoming Volunteer Mixer to hear updates on this year’s OUTAuction. You will learn how you can be a part of the team that puts together GLAAD’s annual signature art fundraiser – OUTAuction!
Criteria to Join the Planning Committee
GLAAD appreciates the participation of all volunteers and in order to ensure a successful event season, we ask that you please read the criteria below when considering to join the planning committee.
We are looking for individuals who are interested in managerial roles and managing event committees (Marketing & Ads, Host Committee, Gift Bags, etc). We are also looking for individuals that are interested in working within a committee setting and securing different elements for the event.
- Conduct solicitation of donation for respective group (Marketing & Ads, Host Committee, Gift Bags, Art securement), donations are secured through GLAAD’s past donor databases and we ask the committee to identify new prospects for additional outreach, including personal/ professional/ local business contacts. All event committees have individual goals to meet.
- In addition to the respective goal to meet, all committees are asked to secure a minimum of $1,500 in ticket sales (as a group).
- Must have access to Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), and have an understanding of the programs.
- Attend meetings to track progress updates and discuss any needs or challenges in meeting goals. We understand everyone will not be able to attend all meetings, which is why email communication will be key. All committee updates will be housed via Google docs, all committee members will be given access.
- Network with fellow Committee members to assist with the overall fundraising goals of the event.
- Work with GLAAD to recruit, train and manage volunteers for the day of the event.
Sunday, November 18, 2012
New York, NY
Attire: Fall Chic
OUTAuction - Since 2002, GLAAD has produced an annual fundraising art event, OUTAuction. Part glamorous cocktail party, part art auction, OUTAuction celebrates established and emerging artists and recognizes GLAAD’s Top 100 Artists. Over 700 guests from the art, entertainment, fashion and philanthropic communities are scheduled to attend.
OUTAuction, has grown to be GLAAD’s biggest Community Event fundraiser, right behind the GLAAD Media Awards series. Not only has the event grown in corporate support, but also guest attendance, while continuing to gain awareness from the art world. OUTAuction generates over $120,000 for GLAAD each year.
Previous works by artists have included: Pablo Picasso, Herb Ritts, Ross Bleckner, Steven Klein, Ryan McGinness, Joan Miro, Henri Matisse, Wassily Kandinsky, Salvador Dali, Karim Rashid, Annie Leibovitz, Clodagh, Mario Sorrenti, Peter Max, Rosie O’Donnell, and Patrick McMullan, among many others.
Celebrities who have participated/ attended in the past include: Tom Ford, Vanessa Williams, Fran Drescher, Jill Zarin, Daphne Guinness, David LaChapelle, Robbie Williams, Anika Noni Rose, Kate Clinton, Kyra Sedgwick, Carrie Preston, John Waters, Randy Jackson, Susie Essman, Patricia Field, Anthony Rapp, Anne Thornton, Eva LaRue, John Cameron Mitchell, Donna Summer, Alexis Bittar, Kimberley Locke, cast from Real Housewives of NY, NJ, Orange County and Atlanta, and Edward Albee amongst others.
You can view pictures from last year's event and view video footage of the event by going to: www.glaad.org/outauction
Many thanks for your consideration. We look forward to hearing from you and hopefully seeing you on 5/30!