This mixer will start promptly at 6:30pm. Light refreshments will be served.
Please read the committee criteria section below before RSVPing
The National Board of Directors of GLAAD, President Herndon Graddick, and Planning Committee Co-Chairs Jessica Resler and Ted Shields invite you to join us for our upcoming Volunteer Mixer to hear updates on this year’s GLAAD Manhattan. You will learn how you can be a part of the team that puts together GLAAD’s annual summer fundraiser – GLAAD Manhattan!
Criteria to Join the Planning Committee
GLAAD appreciates the participation of all volunteers and in order to ensure a successful event season, we ask that you please read the criteria below when considering to join the planning committee.
We are looking for individuals who are interested in managerial roles and managing event committees (Auction, Gift Bags, etc). We are also looking for individuals that are interested in working within a committee setting and securing different elements for the event.
- Conduct solicitation of donation for respective group (Auction, Host Committee, etc), donations are secured through GLAAD’s past donor databases and we ask the committee to identify new prospects for additional outreach, including personal/ professional/ local business contacts. All event committees have individual goals to meet.
- In addition to the respective goal to meet, all committees are asked to secure a minimum of $1,500 in ticket sales (as a group).
- Must have access to Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), and have an understanding of the programs.
- Attend meetings to track progress updates and discuss any needs or challenges in meeting goals. We will have three face-to-face meetings and mostly communicate via conference calls and emails. We understand everyone will not be able to attend all meetings, which is why email communication will be key. All committee updates will be housed via Google docs, all committee members will be given access.
- Network with fellow Committee members to assist with the overall fundraising goals of the event.
- Work with GLAAD to recruit, train and manage volunteers for the day of the event.
- GLAAD estimates that planning committee members will invest about 15 hours prior to the event day.
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
New York, NY
Attire: Summer Chic
GLAAD Manhattan - The support from our constituents remains instrumental to the continued success of the GLAAD events and our ability to share stories of the LGBT community through the media that build understanding and acceptance. Last year’s GLAAD Manhattan event with over 650 people in attendance – raised more than $55,000 for GLAAD’s work to share stories of LGBT people with Americans via news, entertainment and social media.
Each year GLAAD hosts this cocktail chic, summer evening for over 600 supporters and corporate partners. This annually themed celebration is done right in the middle of New York City. Guests enjoy delicious food, great music, and hosted cocktails to celebrate and highlight GLAAD’s work and accomplishments. Guests will have the opportunity to participate in a silent auction, receive a gift bag, and purchase raffle tickets to win extraordinary prizes - all in support of GLAAD and to build equality!
In 2012 GLAAD Manhattan will be branded as GLAAD’s annual casino-themed fundraiser.
You can view pictures from last year's event at: http://www.glaad.org/manhattan
Many thanks for your consideration. We look forward to hearing from you and hopefully seeing you on 5/9!