Street parking available.
Please read the committee criteria section below before RSVPing
The National Board of Directors of GLAAD, President Herndon Graddick, and Planning Committee Co-Chairs Julie Ware and Paul McCullough invite you to join us for our upcoming Volunteer Mixer to hear updates on this year’s GLAAD Hancock Park, GLAAD’s annual signature food-themed event. You will learn how you can be a part of the team that puts together this delicious Summer fundraiser in support of GLAAD's programs!
We encourage you to bring a friend and join our planning committee for GLAAD Hancock Park. To RSVP go here or Contact GLAAD’s Senior Events Manager Johnny Gonzales at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646.871.8010.
Criteria to Join the Planning Committee
GLAAD appreciates the participation of all volunteers and in order to ensure a successful event season, we ask that you please read the criteria below when considering to join the planning committee.
We are looking for individuals who are interested in managerial roles and managing event committees (Auction, Host Committee, Marketing, etc). We are also looking for individuals that are interested in working within a committee setting and securing different elements for the event.
- Conduct solicitation of donation for respective group (Auction, Host Committee, etc), donations are secured through GLAAD’s past donor databases and we ask the committee to identify new prospects for additional outreach, including personal/ professional/ local business contacts. All event committees have individual goals to meet.
- In addition to the respective goal to meet, all committees are asked to secure a minimum of $1,500 in ticket sales (as a group).
- Must have access to Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), and have an understanding of the programs.
- Attend meetings to track progress updates and discuss any needs or challenges in meeting goals. We will have three face-to-face meetings and mostly communicate otherwise via conference calls and emails. We understand everyone will not be bale to attend all meetings, which is why email communication will be key. All committee updates will be housed via Google docs, all committee members will have access.
- Network with fellow Committee members to assist with the overall fundraising goals of the event.
- Work with GLAAD to recruit, train and manage volunteers for the day of the event.
- GLAAD estimates that planning committee members will invest about 15 hours prior to the event day.
GLAAD Hancock Park
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Attire: Summer Chic
GLAAD Hancock Park is GLAAD's food-themed event, celebrating its 15th year as part of GLAAD’s Community Event series, bringing over 500 GLAAD major donors, high-level corporate partners, celebrities and supporters together for a mid-summer afternoon with fabulous fare from Los Angeles’ finest chefs. The event features a cook-off with Bravo Television’s Top Chef celebrity guest chefs and judges, tasting stations from LA's high-end restaurants, guests have an opportunity to bid on amazing food & wine-themed auction and more!
You can view pictures from last year's event at: http://www.glaad.org/photos/2011/hancockpark2011
Many thanks for your consideration. We look forward to hearing from you and hopefully seeing you on 5/10!