WASHINGTON: Stephen Pidgeon
- Attorney aligned with the Alliance Defending Freedom
- Anti-equality activist and sometime political candidate
- Says: "same-sex marriage is a sharp dagger in the heart of sacred society. If we lose this fight, we're gone."
- Says gays are "enslaved" and "captured"
- Argues that marriage equality is an "act of aggression, and an act of war against the family." Calls it "moral fascism."
- Claims marriage equality "attacks the fundamental reality of the social system" and "demoralizes the social order"
- Claims LGBT rights are "about population control, and the goal is to get the United States to 150 million people"
- Warns: "If you’re going to exalt homosexuality and same-sex marriage, let me tell you who’s going to pay the price for that. It is the status of women. Because women only achieve equality in a society that provides for monogamy in a one man, one woman marriage. Period. Every other society that has abandoned that standard – which is a Christian standard I might add – when you abandon that standard, guess what, women lose status."
- Insists that gays are attempting to "steal your freedom of conscience"
- In letter opposing employment nondiscrimination and hate crimes protections for LGBT people, falsely charged that the recognized spectrum of sexual orientation includes "erotic desires, fantasies, and spontaneous feelings toward, homosexuality, bisexuality, cybersex, incest, pedophilia, necrophilia, polygamy, bigamy, sodomy, bestiality, prostitution, fetishism, transvestitism, even arguably wife-beating"
-A vocal backer of the "birther" movement