MINNESOTA: Chuck Darrell
- Director of Communications and Marketing for the Minnesota Family Council
- Minnesota For Marriage Communications Director
- Says of his team: "we oppose homosexual marriage, anti-bullying and sex education curricula that affirms homosexual behavior because the medical evidence proves it is a killer."
- Says "there is no civil right to deny children their mothers or fathers, which is exactly what every same-sex marriage does."
- Equates being gay with lust and behaviors like pornography, prostitution: "'Born' a homosexual is no excuse for the legalization of gay marriage. I say this because when it comes to sex, most men agree being born any certain way doesn’t mean you should act as such. And God help us should the male sex drive be allowed to further stalk the definition of marriage."..."Most men, even Christian men, will admit they have experienced sexual desires outside the bond of marriage. Let’s face it, without men, pornography and prostitution would probably cease to exist. So if we are 'born that way,' why don’t we do it?"
- Claims religion is the only thing that can stop civil marriage equality: "The only thing that stands in the way of the legalization of same-sex marriage in Minnesota is the church”...“If the definition of ‘one man-one woman’ is to be protected, the church is going to have to do it, and they’ll have to be vocal.”
- Likened those who say Minnesota doesn't need a marriage amendment to generals who left their country vulnerable to attack: "This kind of ignorance [on the marriage amendment] is reminiscent of the WWII French generals who insisted that the Maginot Line would protect France from German attack. History shows that the Germans agreed – and went around it. France surrendered in a matter of weeks."