MINNESOTA: Bradlee Dean
- Head of a youth ministry called You Can Run But You Cannot Hide International (YCRBYCHI)
- Radio host and WorldNetDaily contributor
- Once said: "Muslims are calling for the executions of homosexuals in America. This just shows you they themselves are upholding the laws that are even in the Bible of the Judeo-Christian God, but they seem to be more moral than even the American Christians do, because these people are livid about enforcing their laws. They know homosexuality is an abomination." A week later, he built on these same views.
- Says Canada's legalization of marriage is supposed, is an "illegal act," and is "an attempt to dethrone God"
- Says discrimination is gay people's own doing: "Homosexuals say they are being discriminated against. By whom? They are subverted and condemned by their own hand. Why? Because they’ve set themselves against the right-Giver. The law does not discriminate against homosexuality; it only condemns it "
- Contrasts LGBT civil rights fight with African-American struggle by again asserting that homosexaulity is illegal: "being born black is not a crime, choosing to perform immoral acts is."
- Once said: “On average, [gays] molest 117 people before they’re found out”
- Dean's view of history: "The question I wanted to know is: “What did our forefathers have to say about it?” And I’m beginning to tell ya, I mean, for example, I went back to Thomas Jefferson. He was writing a bill to penalize sodomy by castration. George Washington would basically send forth the pipers and the drummers and he would drum them out shamefully, never to come back again. And then I began to read off state statutes, and they absolutely did not tolerate crimes against nature whatsoever. Again, all the way up until 1961, you’d go to prison for 20-21 years if you were caught in the act of sodomy. In Rhode Island, it was considered a mental illness, and folks, it is."
- Calls homosexuality an "abomination" and links it to crimes against children: "If America would study history, then and only then would she understand why God said sodomy is an abomination... If we would simply take heed to God’s Word and listen to what He commands, we would not have to read in the newspapers about the horrific crimes committed against our children, only to find out that God was right all along."
-Is insistent: "Sodomy is illegal in this country." Is empirically wrong.
*NOTE: Bradlee Dean has busily scrubbed the internet of many of the clips where he made many of the above statements. His actions do not change the record.