- Succeeded Mike Heath as head of the Christian Civic League of Maine
- Vice Chair of Protect Marriage Maine
- In speech to Ellsworth's Family Bible Church, admitted of his motivations in regards to the marriage fight: "I want to pull back the curtain and show you, really, how insidious and how evil this is."
- Refers to marriage equality as "unnatural marriage" (:20, :31, :46)
- In blog post, distributed a host of targeted Family Research Council documents, including one that compares same-sex marriage to man/horse marriage
- Says of marriage equality advocates: "If this crowd and if this society, and if the chruch allows this to happen—if, in fact, that we can render gender as irrelevant, then all bets are off. ALL bets are off. Either that, or Romans 1 is simply not true because it does say that a society can sear its conscience and they can go past the point of retrobation where they remove God from their consciences. And that's exactly what they're trying to do."
- Uses faulty Regnerus study to equate gay marriages and LGBT-headed families with schools that foster suicide