- Chief Executive Officer of Minnesota Family Council (MFC)
- Chairman of Minnesota For Marriage
- Claims "Redefinition of marriage obscures the picture of Christ and his Bride, robs God of glory due him, and undermines the witness of the Church."
- Claims Christians, as both "citizens of heaven and citizens of an earthly kingdom," have an obligation to vote against same-sex marriage in order to "restrain evil."
- Frames the "battle" for civil marriage as being one of God vs. gays: "Perseverance also requires a firm conviction that this cause is right — and a humble reliance on God’s wisdom and power for our ultimate success. No issue facing us today is more crucial to the future of our culture than the preservation of society’s most fundamental building block – families based on the marriage of one man and one woman. Join us in earnestly seeking God’s help to preserve marriage as He established it, “for the battle is the Lord’s” (I Samuel 17:47)."
- While recounting an email, denied that there is such thing as church/state separation, that people are born gay, that civil marriage is a civil right, etc.: "In this case, the writer of the e-mail repeated the usual phony arguments for legalizing SSM — i.e., that the Constitution prescribes “separation of church and state” (it doesn’t); that homosexuals are born that way (they aren’t); that marriage is for any two people who “fall in love” (it isn’t); that it’s a matter of civil rights for gays and lesbians (it isn’t); that there is no scientific basis for claiming that children of same-sex couples are disadvantaged “in any significant respect” (there is); and that procreation is not an essential purpose of marriage (it is).