Today, August 21, Campus Pride in partnership with Huffington Post released 2012's “Top 25 List of LGBT-Friendly Colleges and Universities" in time for the Back to School Season.
The list is the only one of its kind, because, as Campus Pride's executive director Shane Windmeyer points out, "the ratings are done for and by LGBT people and set in a foundation of solid research practice."
It's also worth noting that Campus Pride recently partnered with The Advocate to release the first-ever list of the top ten trans-friendly colleges and universities across the country.
For more information on the Campus Pride Index, visit www.campusprideindex.org.
Campus Pride’s 2012 Top 25 LGBT-friendly Colleges and Universities include (in alphabetical order):
- Carleton College
- Cornell University
- Emory University
- Indiana University
- Ithaca College
- Oberlin College
- Portland State University
- Stanford University
- The Ohio State University
- The Pennsylvania State University
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of California, Riverside
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- University of Chicago
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Maryland, College Park
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- University of Michigan
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
- University of Oregon
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Utah
- University of Vermont
- University of Washington.