Want to Help MTV Say "It Gets Better"?
MTV is casting for LGBT individuals aged 15-25 who are comfortable sharing their experiences to participate in the network's second "It Gets Better" special to air on the network.
MTV has announced that they are casting for a second “It Gets Better” special. Read GLAAD's coverage of the original "It Gets Better" special here and here. The network is looking for people who appear to be 15-25 years of age who are comfortable sharing their experiences about growing up LGBT. If you are interested in participating in the special; please e-mail your story, name, location, phone number and a photo to LGBTspecial@gmail.com.
When articulating your story, MTV asks you keep in mind the following questions:
- When did you become aware of your sexual orientation/gender identity?
- How “out” are you to your parents, family, friends, classmates, co-workers, etc.?
- What sort of relationship do you currently have with your family?
- What do you think are the unique challenges that you face as an LGBT person?
- What needs to get better for you? What has gotten better?
- What are the biggest challenges you currently face and how are you approaching these challenges?
- When you’re not in school or at work, what do you do for fun? What makes you most happy? What are your future goals?