More than 1,500 New Yorkers gathered today in Manhattan to mourn the death of a 32 year-old gay man, who was shot down on Friday just blocks away from the historic Stonewall Inn in an apparent act of anti-gay bias.
Take part in Mombian's 7th Annual Blogging for LGBT Families Day
LGBT parenting blog Mombian is calling for anyone to write a blog post relating to LGBT families for their 7th Annual Blogging for LGBT Families Day coming up this Friday, June 1st. They then want you to share it through any social media platform you use (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.), as well as submitting your blog post to their website. Additional instructions and information can also be found on Mombian.com.
Mombian received a GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding Blog at the GLAAD Media Awards this year.
Mombian encourages anyone who supports LGBT families, LGBT or not, parent or not to take part. The blog is especially encouraging those who don't normally write about LGBT families or LGBT issues. The format is completely open, you can submit photos, video, and more.
Don't know what to write about? Here are some ideas from Mombian:
- An anecdote from your daily family life. Your post doesn’t need to be epic (although it can be, if that’s how you roll). Sometimes an everyday moment says it all.
- A story about an LGBT family you know. What has knowing them meant to you and/or your kids?
- Why you want(ed) to become a parent.
- How coming out or transitioning has affected your relationship(s) with your child(ren).
- Your favorite book, movie, or TV show that includes LGBT parents and/or their children.
- How a law or court ruling for or against LGBT equality has affected your family or a family you know.
- Why you support a bill or pending court ruling for LGBT equality.
- A photo or video of your family.
- How becoming a parent has changed your relationship with your extended family.
- The one thing you’d most like to tell [fill in a politician's name] about LGBT families.
- A poem about your family or a family you know.
- Your favorite family activity.
If you are interested in submitting a guest post on GLAAD Blog, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.