Wonder what we’re up to at GLAAD?
Be sure to check out GLAAD Blog each week for updates about our latest work to build support for LGBT equality through news, entertainment, and online media.
- GLAAD signed on as a sponsor of the Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition’s I AM: Trans People Speak project, a video campaign which aims to raise awareness about the diversity of transgender communities. Watch the trailer here.
- GLAAD’s News & Field Media team worked with GlobalGrind.com to correct a problematic headline in a post about singer and actor Chris Brown’s support for his LGBT fans.
- GLAAD’s Religion, Faith & Values team helped correct problematic language in a New York Times story about LGBT advocates in Uganda suing Scott Lively.
- GLAAD’s Spanish-Language Media team spoke to SiriusXM’s Cristina Radio about defamatory and inaccurate comments made by talk show host Nancy Alvarez regarding sexual orientation. Recently, Alvarez argued that orientation is not innate but shaped by parents who she said had “done something wrong.”
- GLAAD’s Spanish-Language Media team chatted with newspaper “Hora Hispana” about this year’s great slate of Spanish-language GLAAD Media Awards nominees and about improving LGBT portrayals in Spanish-language media.
- GLAAD honored the best in LGBT images and stories at the GLAAD Media Awards in New York. Check out video, photos, and a list of award recipients here.
GLAAD in the News:
Billboard - Lady Gaga, 'Smash' Win at GLAAD Awards
E! Online - Glee-Smash Crossover! Megan Hilty Smooches Cory Monteith at GLAAD Media Awards
Entertainment Weekly - On the Scene at the GLAAD Media Awards: We were THIS close to seeing John Stamos and Cory Monteith kiss
The Hollywood Reporter - Lady Gaga, 'Dancing With the Stars' Among GLAAD Award Winners
The Huffington Post – John Stamos kisses man at GLAAD Awards
The Los Angeles Times - 'Dancing With the Stars,' 'Smash' given GLAAD Media Awards
New York Daily News - Cory Monteith and Megan Hilty lock lips for GLAAD Media Awards; John Stamos and Naya Rivera get smooches too
New York Daily News - GLAAD supporters boo Kirk Cameron at media awards, 'Growing Pains' costar Tracey Gold shows support for gay rights
People.com – John Stamos, Naya Rivera & Cory Monteith’s three-way smooch
Perez Hilton – John Stamos, Naya Rivera, Cory Monteith do a three-way kiss for GLAAD
Reuters - "Smash" producers get top award by gay media group
Reuters – GLAAD Awards
Rolling Stone - Lady Gaga, 'Smash' Among GLAAD Award Winners
Queerty - Zach Wahls Wows Crowd At GLAAD Awards, Aces Queerty’s Gay Marriage Quiz
Wall Street Journal – GLAAD’s cousin Vinny