The WE WILL Generation at PACER's National Bullying Prevention Center is going purple on October 17 for Spirit Day, and in support of LGBT youth. Launched on October 1st, PACER's WE WILL Generation is a program designed to inspire student to student engagement to lead the bullying prevention movement, and calls all students to speak out against bullying and make a positive change in their communities.
Bullying is an issue that directly impacts children and youth everyday. Today's generation of students is ready to take action and uniquely position to prevent and stop bullying. A featured resource of this new initiative is the WE WILL Curriculum, which is a free, online, student-to-student curriculum designed for high school student leaders to engage, educate and inspire other middle and high school students to be part of the WE WILL Generation.
Join PACER's WE WILL Generation and go purple now for Spirit Day!
Founded in 2010, Spirit Day is an international, united stand against bullying and show of support for LGBT teens and young adults everywhere. Participants can get into the spirit by
- Going purple online at www.glaad.org/spiritday and spreading the word through social media using hashtag #SpiritDay
- Wearing purple on October 17
- Downloading the Spirit Day App
- Educating your friends and family about bullying and the LGBT community
- Getting your school, GSA, organization, etc. to become a Spirit Day partner