In addition to the contributions made to the LGBT Sports Coalition, Nike is also making more groundbreaking moves in the sports world to end discrimation towards the LGBT community. As noted on Nike, Inc., Nike as a company continues its leadership of marriage equality in Oredon. The Nike Equality PAC has foundational funding of $280k, all of which includes a $100k contribution from NIKE, Inc. and another $180k from committed Nike leaders.
The Nike Equality PAC was created to help raise funds from Nike-affiliated donors in support of marriage equality. This was also done in suport of the efforts to bring marriage equality to Oregon. The Nike Equality PAC was set up so that "employees if they chose, have a specidic avenue to support campiagn efforts that are directly related to winning marriage equality in Oregon."
Nike is committed to diversity and inclusion. The company strives to treat its employees equallty.
We believe that diversity drives innovation and allows us to attract and retain world class talent. For Oregon businesses to attract and retain the best talen, we need fair and equitable laws that treat all Oregonians equally and prevent discrimination.
Quick facts about Nike's History of Equality found at Nike, Inc.:
- Nearly 20 years ago, Nike was one of the first companies to extend benefits to partners of either gender. In 2000, those benefits were extended to the dependents of domestic partners.
- In 2005, NIke was a national business trailblazer in supporting Oregon's groundbreaking legislation to secure employment non-discrimination for the LGBT community and civil unions for same sex partners.
- In 2007, Nike built an Oregon business coalition to help successfully pass the state-level nondiscrimination and civil unions legislation.
- Nike has supported marriage equality and LGBT non-discrimination legislation in other US states.
- Earlier in 2013, Nike began to help build business community support for the proposed Oregon initiative known as the Freedom to Marry and Religious Protection Initiative. This would extend the freedom to marry in Oregon to same-sex couples while protecting religious institutions' ability to pefrom marriages consistent with their beliefs.
- Nike has recieved 100% scores from the Human Rights Campaign for more than a decade, consistantly.