Logo TV is the latest network to commit to going purple for Spirit Day on October 17, to take a stand against bullying and show support for LGBT youth.
Viewers will see Logo's on-air logo go purple for the day, along with scrolling messages letting viewers know about Spirit Day. LogoTV.com's NewNowNext blog will run an editorial about Spirit Day, and YouTube star Davey Wavey will let visitors know to don purple in the below video:
Logo employees will get in on the action as well, with purple staff pics being posted to the net's Tumblr and Facebook pages.
Around the world, celebrities like Demi Lovato, the cast of Hot in Cleveland including Betty White, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis; brands like Johnson & Johnson and Facebook; organizations; national sports leagues; media outlets; landmarks; faith groups; and schools are going purple for Spirit Day to show support for LGBT Youth. Find out how your company can go purple.
Founded in 2010, Spirit Day is an international, united stand against bullying and show of support for LGBT teens and young adults everywhere. Participants can get into the spirit by:
- Turning your Facebook, Twitter and other profile photos purple at www.glaad.org/spiritday and spreading the word by using hashtag #SpiritDay
- Wearing purple on October 17 and encouraging classmates or coworkers to do the same
- Uploading photos of you wearing purple to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr using hashtag #SpiritDay
- Downloading the Spirit Day App
- Educating your friends and family about bullying and the LGBT community
- Getting your school, GSA, organization, etc. to become a Spirit Day partner