Ke$ha, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Demi Lovato, Frank Ocean, Adam Lambert, Melissa Etheridge, and Cher are among those featured on iHeartRadio's all new "Spirit Day Radio" station, which Clear Channel Media and Entertainment launched today in a stand against bullying and to show the company's support for LGBT youth.
“Clear Channel is committed to addressing important issues and concerns that affect our millions of listeners daily, and we are pleased to help GLAAD support today’s LGBT youth, many of whom live in our local Clear Channel communities,” said Jessica King, Director of Community Engagement for Clear Channel.
Additionally, Clear Channel Media and Entertainment will share its support for Spirit Day online through the iHeartRadio Facebook and Twitter channels.
Clear Channel joins top-rated radio morning show host Elvis Duran and the Morning Show in taking a stand against bullying. Check out the cast of the Morning Show sharing a video message of support for Spirit Day below.
“All of our show members are united and thrilled to wear purple and support Spirit Day. The dialogue about anti-bullying and acceptance is an important piece of our overall agenda. Thank you, GLAAD, for providing focus on this serious human rights issue,” said Elvis Duran.
Founded in 2010, Spirit Day is an international, united stand against bullying and show of support for LGBT teens and young adults everywhere. Participants can get into the spirit by:
- Turning your Facebook, Twitter and other profile photos purple at www.glaad.org/spiritday and spreading the word by using hashtag #SpiritDay
- Wearing purple on October 17 and encouraging classmates or coworkers to do the same
- Uploading photos of you wearing purple to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr using hashtag #SpiritDay
- Downloading the Spirit Day App
- Educating your friends and family about bullying and the LGBT community
- Getting your school, GSA, organization, etc. to become a Spirit Day partner