Lifetime stars and employees will be going purple on Spirit Day. The network reached out to their talent and asked them to take a stand against bullying and many responded with excitement saying they would wear purple and show their support to LGBT youth on social media.
Project Runway All Stars host Alyssa Milano and judges Isaac Mizrahi and Georgina Chapman are scheduled to participate in anticipation of the show's premiere on October 24. Also joining them are Witches of East End star Rachel Boston and Project Runway designer Justin LeBlanc. Take a look at Isaac Mizrahi's message below.
Lifetime employees will also participate on October 17 by wearing purple and tweeting about Spirit Day.
Founded in 2010, Spirit Day is an international, united stand against bullying and show of support for LGBT teens and young adults everywhere. Participants can get into the spirit by:
- Turning your Facebook, Twitter and other profile photos purple at www.glaad.org/spiritday and spreading the word by using hashtag #SpiritDay
- Wearing purple on October 17 and encouraging classmates or coworkers to do the same
- Uploading photos of you wearing purple to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr using hashtag #SpiritDay
- Downloading the Spirit Day App
- Educating your friends and family about bullying and the LGBT community
- Getting your school, GSA, organization, etc. to become a Spirit Day partner