LGBT parenting blog Mombian is taking Monday, June 3rd to show the world for the 8th year in a row that LGBT families are just as loving, supportive and valuable to our communities as straight families. Mombian is asking LGBT families, straight allies and all other supporters to write and submit to mombian.com, a blog post on any topic relating to LGBT families. You can also share your LGBT family related blog post with your network on any social media website to go another step in showing your support (facebook, twitter, instagram, tumblr etc).
Mombian received a GLAAD media award last year for their outstanding blogging to promote LGBT equality through social media. The movement for LGBT equality depends on people sharing their stories, and we once again applaud Mombian for their efforts and encourage everyone to participate.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, even those who might not usually write about LGBT politics or issues, because this is simply about family. You can show your support in any way you choose; photos, videos, stories and more are all welcomed!
- An anecdote from your daily family life. Your post doesn't need to be epic (although it can be, if that's how you roll). Sometimes an everyday moment says it all.
- A story about an LGBT family you know. What has knowing them meant to you and/or your kids?
- Why you want(ed) to become a parent.
- How coming out or transitioning has affected your relationship(s) with your child(ren).
- Your favorite book, movie, or TV show that includes LGBT parents and/or their children.
- How a law or court ruling for or against LGBT equality has affected your family or a family you know.
- Why you support a bill or pending court ruling for LGBT equality.
- A photo or video of your family.
- How becoming a parent has changed your relationship with your extended family.
- The one thing you'd most like to tell [fill in a politician's name] about LGBT families.
- A poem about your family or a family you know.
- Your favorite family activity.