Joining the international, united stand against bullying this Spirit Day is the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
In support of LGBT youth, more than 20 of the company's brands will change their logos to purple. Check their websites, Facebook, and Twitter, for Spirit Day shout outs about ending bullying.
Spirit Day continues the mission of their Care With PRIDE™ campaign, a collaboration with Spirit Day partner organization PFLAG, dedicated to making schools safe for all students and eradicating bullying by fostering a supportive climate through education and training programs.
On October 17th, this year's Spirit Day, text the word HERO to 41010* and the Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies will match your $5 donation with an additional $10 to support PFLAG's "Cultivate Respect: Safe Schools for All" initiative.
Johnson & Johnson is joined by many other companies, organizations, schools, celebrities, faith groups, sports teams, and even landmarks in supporting LGBT youth. Find out how you can get your company to go purple, too.
Founded in 2010, Spirit Day is an international, united stand against bullying and show of support for LGBT teens and young adults everywhere. Participants can get into the spirit by
- Taking the Spirit Day Pledge
- Wearing purple on the 17th
- Spreading the word through social media, using #SpiritDay, and turning your profile pictures and websites purple
- Downloading the Spirit Day App
- Educating your friends and family about bullying and the LGBT community
- Getting your school, GSA, organization, etc. to become a Spirit Day partner