Now that you've gone purple for Spirit Day by changing your profile pictures on Facebook and Twitter, help us spread the word.
Head over to our Spread the Word page to find graphics you can share on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr.
You can also retweet the tweet below, or any of the other tweets on GLAAD's Twitter page.
— GLAAD (@glaad) October 16, 2013
With your help we can make this the most successful Spirit Day ever!
Founded in 2010, Spirit Day is an international, united stand against bullying and show of support for LGBT teens and young adults everywhere. Participants can get into the spirit by:
- Turning your Facebook, Twitter and other profile photos purple atwww.glaad.org/spiritday and spreading the word by using hashtag #SpiritDay
- Wearing purple on October 17 and encouraging classmates or coworkers to do the same
- Uploading photos of you wearing purple to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr using hashtag #SpiritDay
- Downloading the Spirit Day App
- Educating your friends and family about bullying and the LGBT community
- Getting your school, GSA, organization, etc. to become a Spirit Day partner