Every week, The GLAAD Wrap brings you LGBT-related entertainment news highlights, fresh stuff to watch out for, and fun diversions to help you kick off the weekend.
1) Anna Faris' new comedy opens today. Learning from a magazine that women who had over 20 lovers missed their chance at true love, Ally (Anna Faris) goes on a hunt for her exes in order to find out if one of them is Mr. Right. Along the way she runs into Tom (Anthony Mackie) who came out following his break-up with Ally. Take a look at What's Your Number's trailer below:
2) Ellen DeGeneres will be “seriously kidding” next week. The television host will release a new memoir, her first since marrying Portia de Rossi, containing personal stories, advice and some fiction. She will discuss American Idol, being a CoverGirl model and being related to Kate Middleton. Head to your local bookstore to get a copy of Seriously... I'm Kidding next Tuesday.
3) Closeted Bunny husband Sean from The Playboy Club (NBC) is now officially played by an out actor. Sean Maher came out in an Entertainment Weekly interview earlier this week. The Firefly alumnus has been working in Hollywood for 14 years and says his new role has been "a platform to come out.” The actor has called the experience "liberating" and he now feels "so much more open and free." He also revealed himself to be in a committed nine-year relationship with a partner named Paul, with whom he’s also raising two children.
4) Set to be released on Monday is Erasure's new album Tomorrow's World, 'When I Start To (Break It All Down),' its first single is already out and the band is currently touring in the U.S. with just a few dates left.
5) Also to be released this week, on Tuesday, will be Beauty Queen Sister, the Indigo Girls' 14th album. You can head to the duo's website to hear "Making Promises," the album's first single and find out when they'll be making a stop in a town near you.