Every week, The GLAAD Wrap brings you LGBT-related entertainment news highlights, fresh stuff to watch out for, and fun diversions to help you kick off the weekend.
1) The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, the film adaptation of the first in Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments series, opened in theaters this week. The film follows Clary, a teenage girl who learns that she is a part of a hidden universe of Shadowhunters, half-angel warriors who protect our world from demons. When Clary is forced to work with them to save her mother, she meets closeted Shawdowhunter Alec (Kevin Zegers) who is in love with his best friend Jace and jealous of Clary and Jace's new relationship, as well as bisexual warlock Magnus Bane (Godfrey Gao) who is interested in getting closer to Alec. Check out the trailer below.
2) Out actor Andrew Rannells returns to HBO's Girls in the third season to premiere in 2014. His character Elijah, Hannah's gay ex-boyfriend who is now questioning his sexuality, was originally written out to allow Rannells to film NBC's now cancelled The New Normal. Check out the new Instagram-style teaser trailer below.
3) Jane Lynch's NBC game show Hollywood Game Night from executive producer Sean Hayes has been renewed for a second season. The series has two teams of four competing against each other with each team consisting of one regular person and three celebrities. Some of these season's guests have included Sean Hayes, Kristin Chenoweth and Amy Poehler.
4) Elton John released a new video for his single "Home Again" this week, the song is featured on his upcoming album The Diving Board available September 24. Watch "Home Again" below.
5) YANK!, the 2010 off-Broadway hit about two soldiers who fall in love during World War II, is looking for funding help to finally be able to record an original cast album. The show extended its run twice and was nominated for several prestigious theater awards before being optioned for Broadway, though YANK! never made the move. To learn more about YANK! check out the Kickstarter page.