I Don't Do Boxes, a magazine by and for queer youth in the south, is seeking submissions for their first issue. The theme of the issue will be "School's Out," focusing on experiences of Southern LGBT students in and outside of school. However, if you have an idea that is not about education, this issue is open to everything. Projects and ideas can fit into one of four categories; News & Politics, Style & Culture, Undercover Investigations or Advice &Tech(nique) and can take the form of anything from audio recordings and photo essays to journal entries and written interviews.
The guidelines are as follows:
- Please send all works to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text-based submissions should be limited to 800-1000 words or less
- Media files should be 1-3 MB
- For video/sound work, please send a YouTube/Vimeo/Soundcloud URL link
- Once you submit, the editorial team will place your piece in one of four departments
- Submission deadline, May 3, 2013
I Don't Do Boxes is a project of QueerLab, a youth-led forum for digital storytelling at Elsewhere in Greensboro, NC, in partnership with YouthSAFE and Guilford Green Foundation. IDDB meets every Thursday from 6-8pm at Elsewhere (606 S. Elm St). For more information visit their website.