From October 11 to Spirit Day on October 17, you can find Spirit Day photo booths at Los Angeles locations in Culver City and Topanga Plaza. There, customers can take free Spirit Day photos that will culminate with a Spirit Day photo installation to be presented at Westfield Culver City from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
Even online shoppers will share in the Spirit Day experience when Westfield turns more than 37 of their websites purple and spreads the word through social media about anti-LGBT bullying and supporting LGBT teens and young adults. You can also view Westfield's Spirit Day website here.
Westfield joins retailers American Eagle Outfitters and American Apparel, who are also taking a stand against bullying. They join landmarks like the White House, companies like MTV, organizations, celebrities like Ke$ha, schools, faith groups and more as Spirit Day partners.
Founded in 2010, Spirit Day, is an international, united stand against bullying and show of support for LGBT teens and young adults everywhere. Participants can get into the spirit by
- Taking the Spirit Day Pledge
- Wearing purple on the 17th
- Spreading the word through social media, using #SpiritDay, and turning your profile pictures and websites purple
- Downloading the Spirit Day App
- Educating your friends and family about bullying and the LGBT community
- Getting your school, GSA, organization, etc. to become a Spirit Day partner