GLAAD is leading the conversation for LGBT equality, and changing the culture. As the LGBT movement's communications epicenter, GLAAD is the principal organization that works directly with news media, entertainment media, cultural institutions and social media. Through the undeniable power of the media - whether it's your favorite TV show, telenovela or local newspaper - or even on the sports field or through an online petition with hundreds of thousands of signatures, GLAAD is there advancing the stories that need to be told and that make real change.
Leading the conversation. Shaping the media narrative. Changing the culture. That's GLAAD.
Please get to know more about GLAAD's work!
- Read GLAAD Blog - Daily posts about the latest LGBT news and GLAAD's work
- Read our publications - To see a full list of our publications for journalists and LGBT advocates
- Contact GLAAD - Get in touch with GLAAD
- Report an incident - Report an incident of media defamation
- Connect with GLAAD - Join our email action alert list, and join us on Facebook and Twitter
- Support GLAAD - Find out all the ways you can support GLAAD's work
- Donate now - Donate to GLAAD today
- Become a partner - Support GLAAD's work today
- Learn more about GLAAD:
GLAAD amplifies the voice of the LGBT community by empowering real people to share their stories, holding the media accountable for the words and images they present, and helping grassroots organizations communicate effectively. By ensuring that the stories of LGBT people are heard through the media, GLAAD promotes understanding, increases acceptance, and advances equality.
Snapshot of Our Work
Millions went purple for Spirit Day in a stand against bullying and to show their support for LGBT youth. GLAAD to engage the participation of hundreds of partners including national and local organizations, schools, celebrities, sports leagues, Spanish-language media, web sites, and corporations. Check out photos and highlights.