Leading the conversation. Shaping the media narrative. Changing the culture. That's GLAAD at work.
Our areas of expertise
GLAAD works with print, broadcast and online news sources to bring people powerful stories from the LGBT community that build support for equality. And when news outlets get it wrong, GLAAD is there to respond and advocate for fairness and accuracy.
GLAAD brings LGBT characters and plotlines to movie theaters, television sets and even comic books -- working with writers, producers and studios to ensure accurate and diverse representations of LGBT people on the big and small screens.
Spanish-language and Latino media
GLAAD works to share stories from the LGBT community in Spanish-language and Latino media, helping to increase understanding and support among the Spanish-speaking community, the fastest-growing population in the country.
Communications & Digital strategy
GLAAD serves as the communications epicenter of the LGBT movement, equipping advocacy leaders with the tools they need to communicate more effectively. GLAAD is also reinventing the way social media moves equality forward.
- Learn more about what we're working on
- Learn more about GLAAD:
- GLAAD blog - Daily posts about the latest LGBT news and GLAAD's work
- Read our publications - To see a full list of our publications for journalists and LGBT advocates
- Contact GLAAD - Get in touch with GLAAD
- Report an incident - Report an incident of media defamation
- Connect with GLAAD - Join our email action alert list, and join us on Facebook and Twitter
- Support GLAAD - Find out all the ways you can support GLAAD's work
- Donate now - Donate to GLAAD today
- Become a partner - Help support GLAAD's work
GLAAD rewrites the script for LGBT acceptance. As a dynamic media force, GLAAD tackles tough issues to shape the narrative and provoke dialogue that leads to cultural change. GLAAD protects all that has been accomplished and creates a world where everyone can live the life they love.