Wonder what we’re up to at GLAAD? Be sure to check out GLAAD Blog each week for updates about our latest work to build support for LGBT equality through news, entertainment and online media.
- After hosts from a Los Angeles radio station went on a transphobic rant, GLAAD contacted the station to express our concerns. Station management quickly pulled the segment from its online library, apologized by phone and assured GLAAD that similar incidents will not happen in the future.
- In response to GLAAD’s call, The Associated Press corrected a story about transgender inmates who successfully brought suit against a Wisconsin law banning hormone therapy in the state’s penitentiaries. The story originally misidentified the inmates as male.
- GLAAD and the ADCOLOR Industry Coalition announced a new partnership and the creation of the “Advocate Award” in recognition of industry influencers from the LGBT community. The Award will be presented at the 5th Annual ADCOLOR Awards in Los Angeles.
- GLAAD’s People of Color Media program is working with the Audre Lorde Project to raise media visibility around the inaugural Bedstuy Pride in New York City.
- GLAAD Board Member Professor Jennifer Finney Boylan became the first transgender guest columnist for The New York Times this month, as she serves as substitute for regular columnist David Brooks throughout August.