Wonder what we’re up to at GLAAD? Be sure to check out GLAAD Blog each week for updates about our latest work to build support for LGBT equality through news, entertainment and online media.
- As New York gears up for marriage equality, GLAAD is helping to share the stories of loving and committed couples in local and national media. GLAAD will also be on the ground in New York when couples start to marry on July 24, helping to share this historic day with the nation.
- GLAAD is working to elevate LGBT-affirming voices of faith as media continue to highlight religious opponents in stories about marriage equality in New York. GLAAD is also collecting a database of New York-based congregations which welcome all people as they are.
- After “Big Brother” (CBS) cast member Jeff Schroeder went on an anti-gay rant on the show’s live internet feed, GLAAD called on CBS to condemn Schroeder’s remarks and take action.
- In response to a string of media reports involving so-called “ex-gay” therapies, GLAAD called on journalists to be especially mindful when reporting on such stories, and provided resources, including information from the largest and most respectable scientific and medical organizations which all agree that trying to “treat” an LGBT person isn’t just ludicrous, it’s harmful.
- After working with GLAAD, the Boston Red Sox released an “It Gets Better” video in support of LGBT youth. The Red Sox are now the third major leagues baseball team to take part in the project.