NBC's Today Show has been receiving some anti-gay backlash their social networking sites since announcing their decision to allow same-sex couples to enter the “Modern Wedding Contest.” We ask that the community be just as vocal in affirming their decision as you were in letting them know we would not allow discrimination to go unchecked.
Here are the ways you can continue to show your support:
- Visit the Today Show on Facebook and leave a comment supporting their decision.
- Post a message on Twitter such as this one:
.@TodayShow Thanks for making the right decision in opening the wedding contest to same-sex couples! (cc @glaad ) #LGBT
- Leave a positive comment on the MSNBC.com article: "TODAY opens wedding to same-sex couples."
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know you appreciate what they've done.
- *Vote in this poll: Would you watch the Today Show wedding if a gay couple won the contest?
Thank you for all your efforts. This victory would not have been possible without the incredible outpouring of community support.
*UPDATE: Poll closed with 88% Yes, 1% Maybe, 12% No