More than 1,500 New Yorkers gathered today in Manhattan to mourn the death of a 32 year-old gay man, who was shot down on Friday just blocks away from the historic Stonewall Inn in an apparent act of anti-gay bias.
Announcing Presenters for GLAAD's New Media Training Institute at Creating Change
GLAAD is pleased to announce that on Thursday, February 4th, together with the Gill Foundation and Gill Action, we will be presenting a New Media Training Institute (NMTI) at Creating Change, the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force's annual LGBT organizing conference in Dallas, TX.
This day-long institute will feature trainings by:
- Scott Goodstein, former External Online Director for Obama for America, who was responsible for developing the campaign's social media platforms, now of Revolution Messaging;
- Jarrett Barrios, President of GLAAD;
- Rashad Robinson, Senior Director of Programs, GLAAD;
- Heather Cronk, Chief Operating Officer at the New Organizing Institute (NOI), which runs the only progressive advocacy and campaign training program focused on cutting-edge online organizing techniques;
- Julia Rosen, Trainer with the New Organizing Institute and Online Political Director at the Courage Campaign;
- Christopher Hoyt, PHR, Associate Director at AT&T Talent Attraction, where he leads the integration of social media and mobile marketing;
- Jed Alpert, founder and Chief Strategy Manager at Mobile Commons, which pioneers easy-to-use technology for scalable mobile marketing campaign management;
- Jen Nedeau, New Media Consultant and former Director of Digital Strategy for Air America;
- Gregory Rae, member of the national leadership of Living Liberally, an organization dedicated to creating social spaces centered around progressive politics.
Additionally, if you are attending, please be sure to RSVP to the NMTI on Facebook. Also note the New Media Training Institute Twitter hashtag #NMTI and the Creating Change hashtag #cc10. And follow our trainers on Twitter! Julia Rosen - @JuliaRosen; Heather Cronk - @HCronk; Christopher Hoyt - @TheRecruiterGuy; Jen Nedeau - @HumanFolly; Jed Alpert - @mobilecommons; Rashad Robinson - @rashadrobinson; New Organizing Institute - @neworganizing; GLAAD - @glaad.
GLAAD will have a table set up at Creating Change with staff members available to answer any questions you may have about GLAAD's work and upcoming projects. So stop by, say hello and find out how you can get involved.
GLAAD thanks the Gill Foundation and Gill Action for making the New Media Training Institute possible. GLAAD would also like to give a special thanks to AT&T for your invaluable help with NMTI.
GLAAD would also like to thank the Task Force for all their hard work putting this conference together and we look forward to seeing everyone in Dallas!