Below you will find more coverage of yesterday's decision by the California Supreme Court to uphold Proposition 8, the anti-gay ballot initiative that eliminated the ability of same-sex couples to marry in California as well as coverage of the marriage equality rallies last night. Click here to read our original post from yesterday, with GLAAD's statement, media coverage, as well as responses from various organization. Also, our post from this morning has even more coverage.
- ABC: Good Morning America - Saying 'I do' to gay marriage?
- CNN: CNN The Situation Room - Gay marriage ban upheld
- Fox News: Glenn Beck - Douglas Kmiec on Prop. 8
- CNN: Campbell Brown - California same-sex marriage ruling
- CNN: Larry King Live - Gay marriage fight
- Fox News: The O'Reilly Factor - Gay marriage ruling
- MSNBC: The Rachel Maddow Show - Sen. Boxer on Prop. 8
- MSNBC: The Rachel Maddow Show - We are gathered here today
- Fox News: Sean Hannity - CA Supreme Court upholds Prop. 8 Ban
- CNN: Anderson Cooper 360 - Same-sex marriage battle
- Joe My God - NYC Marriage Rally May 26th, 2009
- Associated Press - Big protests following Calif. gay marriage ban
- Soulforce Colorado - Day of Decision Prop 8 direct action
- MTV.com - Thousands Protest California Supreme Court decision on Prop 8
- ABC 7 - D.C. activists protest California gay marriage ban
- MyFoxDC.com - Gay marriage ruling sparks DC protest
- ABC 7 San Francisco - Analysis of Prop 8 ruling. Click here for video.
- ABC 7 San Francisco -175 Prop 8 protesters arrested. Click here for video.
- ABC 7 San Francisco - Prop 8 march underway across downtown. Click here for video.
- ABC 7 San Francisco - Prop 8 protest turns into a new movement. Click here for video
- KTLA.com - George Takei and Rev. Lou Sheldon square off in Prop. 8 debate. Click here for video.
GLAAD Supporters Rally
Local RalliesChicago Windy City Times
- Gay marriage battle relaunches today as Prop. 8 is challenged in court
- New Prop 8 court challenge brings former rivals together
- Gay marriage interactive map: History of rights for gay couples
- From San Francisco to midtown Sacramento, reaction is deep
- Proposition 8 challenged in federal court
- Rallying cry in San Francisco to overturn gay marriage ban
- Gay marriage to return to Calif. ballot
- Gay groups call federal marriage suit premature
Blog CoveragePam’s House Blend
- Did California Supreme Court actually help the cause of equal marriage rights?
- (In)famous legal odd couple unites to launch federal challenge to Prop 8
- Black and gay — and reclaiming ‘civil rights’
- Proposition hate redux
- Civil disobedience: Trying to stop the moving train
- Reactions to Prop 8 court decision
- We lost…for now
- Equality California says to go back to the ballot in 2010
- California’s Prop 8: limited edition married gays, still separate and not equal
- Same-sex marriage advocates call for 2012 equality push
- Family group says activists’ call for repeal of marriage amendment by 2012 ‘delusional’