As the trial in the murder of Angie Zapata continues, GLAAD will be monitoring local and national media for coverage of the trial and of Angie’s story.
- CNN - Transgender murder trial: In Session's Beth Karas talks about the trial of Allen Andrade, accused of killing an 18-year-old transgender woman. Click here to watch.
- Pam's House Blend - Beth Karas of In Session TruTV interviewed by Autumn Sandeen:
Los Angeles Times:
The Denver Post:
- Family testifies Zapata never hid transgender status
- Sisters testified they found her body
- Zapata slaying suspect: what's done is done
- Jailhouse calls show mental state
- Jurors hear "gay things need to die" tape
- Deliberations to begin in transgender murder trial
The Greeley Tribune:
- Angie Zapata's friends, family take the stand
- Andrade murder trial to resume with taped phone calls after lunch
- Andrade's calls from jail offer insight
- Jurors hear more phone calls from Andrade
- Attorneys rest case in Andrade trial
- Jury deliberates in Andrade murder trial
CNN.com (In Session: Sidebar):
- Transgender murder trail: hate crime charge may be a first
- Defense spars with victim's family at trial
- Jurors hear defendant's jailhouse calls
Pam's House Blend:
- What does "justice for Angie" mean?
- Are trans people like Angie and me deceptive?
- Beth Karas of TruTV in session talks about the Angie Zapata case, other cases, and great coffee
- Angie Zapata hate crime murder trial: pink vibrator with only Andrade's DNA entered into evidence
- "I can't cry over spilled milk"
- Andrade contemplated selling the homicide story of Angie's death for 50K
- Prosecution and defense rested yesterday afternoon; closing arguments anticipated later this morning
The Bilerico Project:
- Transgender murder trial starts next week in Greeley
- Jury selection underway in Angie Zapata transgender murder case
- Opening arguments expected in transgender murder trial expected today
- Live blog: the Angie Zapata trial, April 16
- Live blog: the Angie Zapata trial, April 17
- The Angie Zapata Trial: summary of the evidence so far
- Live blog: the Angie Zapata trial, April 20
- Live blog: the Angie Zapata trial, April 21
- Live blog: the Angie Zapata trial, April 22