More than 1,500 New Yorkers gathered today in Manhattan to mourn the death of a 32 year-old gay man, who was shot down on Friday just blocks away from the historic Stonewall Inn in an apparent act of anti-gay bias.
- 30 Under 30,
- American Artist,
- Design Sixx,
- Flipping Out,
- Inside the Actors Studio,
- Jackie Warner,
- Jackie's Gym Takeover,
- Kathy Griffin,
- Kell on Earth,
- Kelly Cutrone,
- Launch My Line,
- Million Dollar Listing,
- Sarah Jessica Parker,
- Shear Genius,
- Tabatha's Salon Takeover,
- Rachel Zoe Project,
- The Real Housewives of Atlanta,
- Real Housewives of Orange County,
- Top Chef,
Bravo Announces New Shows... And Yes, They're Gay-Inclusive
Bravo held its upfront presentation in New York yesterday, announcing the renewal of some audience favorites (Top Chef, anyone?) as well as some brand new series that are firmly in step with other Bravo shows: they are absolutely inclusive of the LGBT community.
Perhaps the most exciting news is that Bravo is launching two scripted series, a first for a network that is known for its unscripted programming. Blueprint, from Laurence Andries (Six Feet Under) is a dramedy following two best friends -- one straight, one gay -- who own an architecture and interior design firm in New York. No word on casting yet, but you can bet we're keeping our eyes peeled for this one!
The other scripted series is called 30 Under 30, which revolves around New York up-and-comers including a chef, a gossip blogger, an artist and a real estate agent. The orientation for these characters has yet to be announced, but knowing Bravo's history of highlighting an LGBT chef, blogger, artist and real estate agent in every one of its reality shows, there's got to be someone gay in this one.
The network announced a number of unscripted series, but we'll highlight five here:
- Jackie's Gym Takeover stars Work Out's Jackie Warner revamping gyms (a la Tabatha's Salon Takeover)
- Sarah Jessica Parker is executive producing American Artist, a competition series that pits 12 aspiring artists against one another
- Design Sixx follows a husband-and-wife real estate makeover team
- Kell on Earth is all about Kelly Cutrone and her life running fashion PR house People's Revolution
- Launch My Line is a fashion competition series (Ed. note: now that they've lost Project Runway, we're happy to see Bravo's keeping fashion alive)
A bunch of our faves are returning to Bravo as well!
Flipping Out - season 3
Inside the Actors Studio - season 15
Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List - season 5
Million Dollar Listing - season 3
The Rachel Zoe Project - season 2
The Real Housewives of Atlanta - season 2
The Real Housewives of Orange County - season 5
Shear Genius - season 3 with new host model/designer Camila Alves.
Tabatha's Salon Makeover - season 2
Top Chef - season 6
So much television, so little time. Thank goodness for TiVo!