[caption id="attachment_7705" align="alignright" width="159" caption="Harry Knox"] full list of people on the Council of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships. Among the 25 selected are two openly gay men, Harry Knox, director of religion and faith for the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), and Fred Davie, Senior Adviser of Public/Private Ventures in New York. council, which is comprised of various religious and secular leaders, also includes other gay rights supporters such as:
- Nancy Ratzan, Board Chair of National Council of Jewish Women in Miami. Her organization publically supports civil liberties for LGBT people.
- Rabbi David N. Saperstein Director of Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism with an LGBT rights program that is challenging Prop. 8 in California
- Dr. William J. Shaw, President of National Baptist Convention, USA. Shaw opposed a constitutional ban on marriage for gay couples but does not believe the Bible supports it. The NBC web page says most members are against gay people.
- Rev. Jim Wallis, Executive Director of Sojourners. Wallis sometimes speaksout against homophobia and condemns violence against gay people, but prioritizes poverty, peace and environmental issues over LGBT concerns.
- Dr. Sharon Watkins, General Minister and President of Disciples of Christ Church. Disciples of Christ's LGBT group lauded Watkins for her commitment to "inclusion and acceptance" but Watkins is not outspoken on LGBT issues.