More than 1,500 New Yorkers gathered today in Manhattan to mourn the death of a 32 year-old gay man, who was shot down on Friday just blocks away from the historic Stonewall Inn in an apparent act of anti-gay bias.
Top Stories Today - 10.20.2008
Monday, October 20, 2008 - 10:32am by Justin Cole, GLAAD's Director of Digital Media
- Associated Press - Mormon Group Protests Church's Gay Marriage Stance
- Los Angeles Times - Prop. 8 Battle Rages Over Whether Gay Marriage Would Be Taught in Schools
- Los Angeles Times - EDITORIAL: Chicago's 'Gay Friendly' High School Idea
- Reuters - Ellen Buys $100,000 TV Time to Support Gay Marriage
- The San Jose Mercury News (CA) - Questions Raised Over Yes on Prop. 8 Ads
- South Florida Sun Sentinel (FL) - Gay-Marriage Ban Lacks Support Needed to Pass
- The Baltimore Sun (MD) - Two Methodist Women Get 'Extraordinary Ordination'
- Los Angeles Times (CA) - Prayer In the Service of Politics
- Los Angeles Times (CA) - A Whirlwind of Gay Weddings
- Minneapolis Star Tribune (MN) - COLUMN: Bar Association Panel Paving Way for Gay Marriage
- Associated Press (NY) - Man Gets Life in Prison for Beating Death
- Connecticut Post (CT) - Same-sex Spouses Face Legal Hurdles
- Deseret News (UT) - Magna Man Charged with Assaulting Gay Man
- Sacramento Bee (CA) - ARC Student Leaders Targeted for Recall Over Prop. 8 Support
- The Boston Globe (MA) - OP-ED: Standing Up for Your Gay Friend
- Associated Press (NY) - Advocates Address Challenges of Gay Seniors
- Fort Myers News-Press (FL) - Gay Marriage Opponents Begin Advertising Campaign in Florida
- Southwest Times Record (AR) - Residents Line Both Sides Of Issue
- The Arizona Republic (AZ) - EDITORIAL: Marriage Amendment
- The Philadelphia Inquirer (PA) - Teens in Transition
- The Vancouver Sun (Canada) - Gay Couple Files Human-Rights Complaint Against School Board
- The Sydney Morning Herald (Australia) - Prenuptial Rights for Same-Sex, Unmarried
- BBC News (United Kingdom) - Killer Chef Cooked Dead Boyfriend
From the Blogs:
- Queerty - Lawrence Lawyer: Obama Best For Supremes, Gays
- The Huffington Post - Manners: How Do I Help Fight Prop 8 and Keep Same-Sex Marriage Legal in California?
- The Huffington Post - What Will Powell's Endorsement Mean for "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" and Military Families?
- L.A. Now (Los Angeles Times) - Backing Prop. 8 in Enemy Territory
- LJWorld Reader Blogs (Lawrence-Journal News) - Same-Sex Marriage: How Will it Affect Our Society?
- San Francisco Sentinel.com - Biden Opposes Calif. Proposition 8 Same-Sex Marriage Ban
- Capitol Alert (The Sacramento Bee) - Ellen DeGeneres Makes No On 8 Ad - And Pays For It To Air
- DailyKos - Equality for All: There's still Hell to Pay
- 365Gay.com - Neff: Stop putting gay rights to a vote
- Good As You - Video: Next Prop 8 ad = Children's book fear-mongering
- Towleroad - A Visit with Rachel Maddow
- Good As You - Feminine wiles: 8 out lesbloggers work to out 8
- Joe.My.God - Sarah Palin Comes Out For The Federal Marriage Amendment
- Andrew Sullivan - Bungling The Marriage Fight In California?
- The Bilerico Project - My Brief Journalistic Dilemma Over Prop 8
- The Bilerico Project Florida - Fla Poll shows Amendment 2 more likely to lose
- The Gist - Ellen Turns Up the Heat on Prop 8
- The Bilerico Project Florida - Suze Orman Says No To Florida's Amendment 2
- Box Turtle Bulletin - Hollywood Party to Fight Prop 8
- Gay News Blog - Help NO ON 8! Earn a $1 million match this weekend