And the winner is...
GLAAD congratulates Jessica DiAna of Seaford, New York for being selected as the winner of a trip to London courtesy of VisitBritain! Jessica watched the 19th Annual GLAAD Media Awards on Bravo and correctly answered our trivia questions.
She and a friend will be flying roundtrip to London, staying at The Montague on the Gardens Hotel, attending a performance of The Sound of Music at the Palladium Theater courtesy of the Really Useful Theatre Company, going on a shopping spree at Harvey Nichols, AND embarking on a "discovery flight" on the British Airways London Eye.
Here were the contest trivia questions with the correct answers:
- What did Kathy Griffin's mom say was the ‘gayest thing' she has ever done?
- ANSWER: SHOPPING
- While accepting the award for Outstanding TV Journalism - Newsmagazine story for 20/20's "My Secret Self: A Story of Transgender Children in America" from Law & Order's Mariska Hargitay, what Broadway show does Barbara Walters say she took one of the children included in the story to?
- ANSWER: THE LION KING
- After being introduced by T. R. Knight (George on Grey's Anatomy), what does Neil Giuliano, President of GLAAD, say are the three things at the core of GLAAD's mission every day?
- ANSWER: MEDIA ADVOCACY, FIGHTING DEFAMATION, AND CHANGING HEARTS AND MINDS
- What street do Jennifer Beals and Laurel Holloman (Bette & Tina on The L Word) speculate that their characters may ride off together on at the end of the final episode of the series?
- ANSWER: SUNSET BOULEVARD
- Who does Becki Newton (Amanda on Ugly Betty) say is the biggest troublemaker on the Ugly Betty set during her the backstage interview with Jay Manuel of America's Next Top Model?
- ANSWER: MICHAEL URIE (MARC ST. JAMES ON UGLY BETTY)
Thanks to everyone who watched and participated!
Keep an eye out for broadcast dates and times of the 20th anniversary of the GLAAD Media Awards in 2009 ... OR join us and see your favorite celebrities accept awards in person.
The 20th Annual GLAAD Media Awards will be handed out in New York City on March 28, 2009 at the Marriott Marquis; in Los Angeles on April 18 at the Nokia Theatre; in San Francisco on May 9 at the San Francisco Hilton and in South Florida on May 16 at the Eden Roc Resort.
You can purchase your tickets by clicking here.