Top Stories Today - 10.08.2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008 - 10:26am by Justin Cole, GLAAD's Director of Digital Media
Remembering Matthew Shepard:
- Associated Press (WY) - Shepard Autopsy Among Missing Records in Wyo.
- Jackson Hole Star-Tribune (WY) - Still Searching: Shepard Changed Lives
- Denver Post (CO) - OP-ED: Ten Years After Matthew Shepard, No Change
- Montgomery Adviser (AL) - OP-ED: Expand Alabama Statute
- The Bilerico Project - LGBT Hate Crimes Timeline
- Pam's House Blend - LGBT Hate Crimes Timeline
- The Bilerico Project - Oct. 7, 1998: Matthew Shepard found, let's find the others now
- 365Gay.com - Matthew Shepard autopsy records missing
- Box Turtle Bulletin - Today In History: Two Men Arrested
- HRC's Backstory - Ten years after the death of Matthew Shepard, many states still lack inclusive hate crimes laws
- Michigan Liberal - Matthew Shepard, Ten Years Later: How Far We've Come
- The New York Times - A Push to Curb the Casual Use of Ugly Phrases
- Associated Press - Gay Candidates Anticipate Breakthroughs on Nov. 4
- Los Angeles Times - OP-ED: Gay Is a Choice? Not That Again
- Los Angeles Times - Foes of Gay-Marriage Ban Say Poll Shows Prop. 8 Leading
- The New York Times - Gay Couples Rush to the Altar in California Ahead of November Vote
- San Jose Mercury News (CA) - New Poll Suggests Support for Proposition 8 in Wake of Ad Campaign
- The West Virginia Record (WV) - Woman Says She was Fired Because She's Gay
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel (FL) - U.S. Immigration Won't Allow Family Unification for Same-Sex Couples
- The Maryland Daily Record (MD) - Same-Sex Ex Wins Visits
- Sacramento Bee (CA) - Support for Gay Marriage Ban Divides ARC Students
- Orlando Sentinel (FL) - EDITORIAL: Orlando's Decision on Gay-Partner Benefits Is a Step Forward
- Miami Herald (FL) - Democratic Group Backs Gay-Marriage Ban in Florida Constitution
- The Salt Lake Tribune (UT) - LDS Call to Ban Gay Marriage Widens
- San Diego Union-Tribune (CA) - Colleges' Gay Clubs Clash With Officials Over Name
- The Monroe News Star (LA) - Preachers, City Continue Heated Debate Scuffle
- San Francisco Chronicle (CA) - Prop. 8 Battle Draws in $46 Million
- BBC News (United Kingdom) - Accused 'Cooked Victim's Flesh'
From the Blogs:
- Feministe - The War in Here
- The Huffington Post - An Obama Administration and Gay Rights
- Political Perceptions (Wall Street Journal) - Whatever Happened to Gay Marriage as a Wedge Issue?
- Opinion L.A. (Los Angeles Times) - What a Difference a (Prop. 8) Ad Makes
- The Dish Rag (Los Angeles Times) - Leonard Nimoy Votes NO on Prop 8! William Shatner Calls it 'Dissident'?
- Gay Politics - Louisiana gains first two openly gay elected officials
- Queerty - CA Gay Marriage Fight In Trouble
- Towleroad - ALERT: Donations Against Proposition 8 Desperately Needed
- Queerty - Projected Plea...
- 365Gay.com - Gay candidates anticipating breakthroughs
- Queerty - Ad Council Fights "So Gay"
- Mombian - Supreme Court Upholds Dismissal of LGBT Children's Book Case