More than 1,500 New Yorkers gathered today in Manhattan to mourn the death of a 32 year-old gay man, who was shot down on Friday just blocks away from the historic Stonewall Inn in an apparent act of anti-gay bias.
Top Stories Today - 09.26.2008
Friday, September 26, 2008 - 10:06am by Justin Cole, GLAAD's Director of Digital Media
- Associated Press - Levi's Joins Fight to Defeat Marriage Ban
- Los Angeles Times - OP-ED: Stopping Same-Sex Unions Protects No One
- Reuters - Gay Stars Thriving But Await A - List Company
- ABCNews.com - Clay's Coming Out Turns Off Some Claymates
- The Star-Ledger (NJ) - Opponents of Same-Sex Marriage Call Civil Union Commission "Biased"
- The Detroit News (MI) - COLUMN: Activist Tries to Break Cycle of Gay Teen Suicide
- Marin Independent Journal (CA) - OP-ED: Prop. 8 Is a Vote for Social Justice
- Palm Beach Post (FL) - Palm Beach Atlantic Turns Down Gay Rights Group's Request for Visit
- Ventura County Star (CA) - Lawyer Named as a Guardian for McInerney
- New York Daily News (NY) - Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: OK, We May Have a Few Gays But We Still Hate U.S. and Israel
- Reuters (Bosnia) - Bosnia's First Gay Festival to Close After Attacks
From the Blogs:
- Politics Blog (San Francisco Chronicle) - Gay Marriage Fight Good News for California Channel
- The Bilerico Project - Why Do We Leave Our Youth Out of Our Youth Work?
- Queerty - Pepsi Co. Gives $500,000 to Gay Group
- Opinion L.A. (Los Angees Times) - The Swan Song for Prop. 8?